Wow!!!!!!! We spent our evening with friends at the Democratic party. What a night! The essence of change filled the room, as every color of skin embraced each other. It was history! As one black man said "I don't think it has really set in, I can actually say that someone of my same color, is president!" It was a night of celebration and VICTORY!
Unfortunately Amendment 2 passed here in Florida with 62% of the votes-but while we may not be able to marry(yet) I now have a president who supports civil unions...so for all the uninformed and scared people that think they need to protect their marriage from us, remember, just as today became history as the first African American President, so will the day that I will marry my same sex partner.
And yes we can! Florida is a BLUE state!
4 comments:
Yay! Unfortuately I still live in a red homophobic as all get out state (AZ) but I was so happy when Florida finlly went blue! I'm sorry that your crappy amendement passed too. Boo.
nice job guys.
Long way to go though. :(
Awesome! Congrats!
Woo hoo! It's so awesome isn't it!
Post a Comment