We had our first MW appt today and everything looks great! Right size uterus, rights size cervix, right size baby! AND we got to see our little friend and hear his/her heartbeat at 143bpm. Yeah!! We both cried. It was wonderful! I had my prenatal labs drawn, received a gift bag from the office with a book and some other pregnancy info and my official EDC of October 6, 2009. My MW told me to start taking Vit b-6 for the nausea, so we stopped by and picked some up today.
Oh... I love my baby!! :-) Here is the u/s pic and I will update this evening with a belly pic when La gets home. She is at a purse/jewelry party with some friends- ha! I had no desire to go to that. The jewelry wouldn't be bad, but all those knock off's- not for me. I am a V.er.a B.radle.y girl myself. Not excessively, I get one new one a year for my birthday and that sustains me.
Here's our baby :-)))

12 comments:
OH MY GOSH SHE'S TOTALLY SMILING !!! :) SOOOO cute.
I'm just so damn happy for you guys that I GOT teary looking at that ultrasound picture. I know that longing. I know the joy following devistation. YEAH !
Do you have names picked out yet ?
your baby is go-jus! so happy for you guys!
unfortunately, moving over the state line wouldn't help you guys a whole lot in the adoption department. there is plenty of case law to support 2nd parent adoptions in GA however it depends on the judge you get. i'm guessing that it is very unlikely in any of the surrounding counties outside of atlanta.
in our last go round we were "assigned" the only judge of 10 in our county that refuses to grant them. we were devastated. so we rescinded our petition, "moved" to another county, filed and voila, got a great judge and it was a cake walk. so sadly our fate is in the hands of a judge either with a soul or without.
P.S. you have to be a resident of GA for 6 months prior to filing. so, if you're considering a move to the metro atlanta area, go ahead and get your self "residency" well in advance of your petition.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting for you both.
We live in Florida and have children together. Although there are only legal papers drawn up in case of emergency or death of one of us, Neither one of us has ever had a problem getting our children medical care, Schooling, etc. It is just socially accepted that we are BOTH the Mommies. No questions asked, EVER.
:) What an exciting day for both of you!
This makes me happy :)
Congratulations - that's a beautiful scan to see!
What a wonderful picture! Congrats again on some great news!
Hurray for a good appointment and what a beautiful ultrasound!
Love it! Awesome pictures.... and yes... do you have names picked out for sure?
OMG I love vera bradley also....did you know if you order one of the retiring colors they are cheaper? We go to the sale EVERY year and have blast....I have toooo much vera bradley more than I need but hey I could be spending the money in a bar...lol
Yay congrats you guys! I am extremely happy for you and can't wait to see your baby!
your baby is so so so cute! and october 6th was my mom's due date with me! i came early on sept. 28th though.
awwwwww....Cuteness already!!!!
Post a Comment