Monday, January 25, 2010

One year ago today

A year ago today, I stood frozen in the bathroom doorway holding a stick with a faint line and all the hope I could muster - see Fix it and forget it- and the biggest rush of excitement at the possibility. Tonight a year later, I nursed my sweet baby to sleep after a day of smiles and chuckles, talking and reading and soaking in all of her I could. I think some parts of me are still traumatized by our long TTC journey and one loss, but when I look into her sweet eyes all the pain was worth the reward. She is the love of my life. And since it was the first time we had used her donor for an insem, I wouldn't change a thing in getting her here.

At 3 months:
~she laughs at falling toys
~loves to suck her thumb and index finger
~still loves to nurse
~still sleeps with us
~still LOVES her bath and has fallen asleep twice in the bathtub
~loves the foot book
~kicks like crazy to make her toys play music
~drools ALOT
~still not a car seat fan
~wakes up 2-3 times a night or more!
~has discovered her voice in full voice and now does this loud yelling type thing
~can sit in her b*umbo
~ has sweaty feet
~uses her hands more deliberately to grasp toys
~can roll over from belly to back
~likes a full body massage
~is getting a little more hair
~loves kisses and has started opening her mouth to give kisses
~is mommies' sweetest girl

No comments: